Workbook Packet : Graphs and Estimating (pg 26-33)
CHAPTER 1 TEST NEXT WEDNESDAY!!!
- Converting between km, m, cm, mm
- The basic SI units of length, volume, time, mass, weight, temperature
2. The Scientific Method (We'll cover this in detail on Monday!)
- The steps
- Be able to identify the hypothesis, Independent variable, dependent variable, control, conclusion and other possible variables that could have influenced the data.
- On a graph, be able to identify the horizontal and vertical axis, origin, coordinates, a data point, and create a best fit line
- Be able to identify Linear, Non linear and No Trend graphs
- Given a tool (like a graduated cylinder), know how many place values you should have in your measurement (including the estimate)
- Know what accuracy, reproducibility, and precision mean in science!
5. Safety (We already took a test on this)