Welcome to 8th Grade Physical Science!
Get ready to get moving! In Physical Science we will be covering Safety, Measurement and the Laws of Motion before "leaving earth" to explore the motion of the planets. We will then delve into Chemistry where we will explore the atom, the periodic table and chemical reactions!
- Rules & Safety: Lab procedures, equipment and safety
- Metric System: Distance, mass and volume.
- Physics: Forces, motion, density, heat and machines. (Chapter 1-5)
- Chemistry: Periodic Table, atomic structure, states of matter and reactions. (Chapter 6, 14-18)
- Astronomy: The Earth, Sun, Moon and stars. (Chapter 22-24)
- Human Interaction: Sexual reproduction, birth control, STD’s and HIV. You should have already received a permission slip, which is REQUIRED, for this portion of the class, which will not occur until May.