- Carbon Cycle (How does carbon get into the atmosphere? How is it removed from the atmosphere?)
- Mona Loa Station https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jOAlC2dVtA
- Graph CO2 data from Mona Loa (N. Hemisphere)
- In Notebook - 1) Describe the year pattern for CO2 levels at the Mona Loa Station. 2) Why might this pattern happen? Will we see the same pattern for data in the southern hemisphere? Explain!
- Graph CO2 data from S. Pole to check predictions.
- Put all the graphs together. In Notebook - 4) What patterns do you see across the years?
- Relationship between temperature and CO2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFdPkfARGow
- Climate Change Overview: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ScX29WBJI3w
- Effects - Islands Drowning https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hgw4HTtokgk
- What will sea level rise look like in Petaluma? http://flood.firetree.net/?ll=43.3251,-101.6015&z=13&m=7 (Find the North America Map and Zoom in on your coastal area. Start with 0 meters sea level rise so you have a baseline and then increase in increments of your choice).
Notebook Check NEXT CLASS!!!!